Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sarah's Baptism Day

Sarah was baptised last Saturday. It was a stake day for all kids so there was a total of four children getting baptised. Sarah has eagerly been awaiting this day for over a month but due to Shaun working a lot on weekends lately this was the first day we could do it. Anyway, Sarah was up bright and early that Saturday all dressed and ready to go at 7:30 in the morning, unfortunatly the baptism wasn't until 4:00 pm. It was a special day full of family and friends, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins were all able to come, it really meant a lot to Sarah to have all those people there just for her. She was a little nervous at first but after seeing the girl ahead of her be baptised it gave her more confidence. Her only disapointment was not being the one to pull the plug from the font when she was done. As a parent to witness your first child being baptised is a strange experience. I'm the one who is charge of helping her change her clothes and fix her hair, honestly I kept waiting for my mom to jump up and take over and say "That is enough prentending your'e not really old enought to be doing this." just because it felt so "out of body". But it was also a spiritual day and one I will never forget. I might forget what the talks were about or exactly what was said but I won't forget the feelings I had and the hopes I have for her future. I don't want her to grow up any more but I look forward to seeing the beautiful young women I know she will become. To know that the next time I see her all in white will also be a special day and one I look forward to. But not for a long, long, LONG time.
P.S. I do have pictures but I need Shaun to show me how to load them. I'll try to get them up ASAP.

No comments: