Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm a person to ya know.

I love looking over my old blog posts, to me it's like flipping through a scrapbook. But that is when I realized everything is about my kids. I'm not saying that they aren't worth reading about but I just wanted people to realize that I do have my own life. So here is some information about me. My calling in church is Activity Girl Leader and I love it. I was called in when Sarah turned 8 last March and it has been lots of fun to spend girl time with her and the 5 other girls in the class. We do lots of cooking and art projects around a gospel theme. My personal hobbies include reading, exercise and cooking. But my favorite is American Sign Language. I've been taking classes for over six years now. My hope is to one day be an interpreter for the Deaf. Right now I satisfy myself by teaching my kids and making them sign back to me. We have silent time to help us practice and no it is not a form of punishment, they really do enjoy it. I start signing to them the day they are born and they are all great little signers. Eventually though they all start talking instead. My next class starts up in February and I'm looking forward to it.
This year I will try to update my blog more and post more picture of myself with the kids. I'm also trying to get more creative with my blog - hence the new color!

1 comment:

Heather Jewell said...

Hey, very nice! Love the new face lift. I like your new subtitle (very clever) and the title of you links area (made me laugh). I like the new background colors too.

If you ever feel like going really crazy, "Cutest Blog on the Block" has some great free blog backgrounds and accessories.


Also, my friend told me about a website that takes your whole blog as is or in parts and turns it into an actual scapbook (kind of like what I did for mom for Christmas). Then, you can have each year, done beautifully, with details about the people, on a shelf and call it good.

I am glad you wrote something about yourself, you know you'll want to read about it later and so will your kids (not to mention I enjoy it too). This is one of the reasons I force myself to post picture of me as well as the girls, even the unflattering ones.

Anyways, great job on the creativity. Love it!