Thursday, December 6, 2007

Flat Tire

My bad day started at 7:05 this morning when I woke up and realized I over slept and should have been up at 6:30. Shaun is out of town on a job interview so now I have to get all three kids up to take Sarah to school. I get Sarah to school on time and as I am pulling out of the parking lot I got to close to the gate and torn a hole in the side wall of my tire. I'm still not exactly sure how this happened but I plan on checking out the gate the next time I'm at the school to see what I could have snagged the tire on. I heard the scrape and thought I had just ruined the paint. I pulled over to take a look and to confirm that I had in fact ruined the paint and put a dent in the side. Did I mention this is a brand new 2007 van purchased 6 months ago? Yeah, that's what I said. I got back on the rode and felt like I was driving over washboards. I pulled over again and thats when I noticed the flat. I then called my friend (crying) who came to help me change the flat. During the tire change the car fell off the jack (thankgoodness we were all away from it and no one was hurt). So now we need to make sure the brake was not damaged when the van fell. To sum it up we got the spare on and made it safetly home all before 9:00 am. If not for the other two children to care for I would have called it a day and gone back to bed. On a more positve note I now know how to change a flat tire and I am thankful to have the bestest friend in the world who I will thank which much chocolate and free babysitting.

1 comment:

Heather Jewell said...

Oh, Natalie, that sucks! I feel for you, what a day. But, at least you didn't do that on your second day of a brand new job, where only men worked, who came outside, after hearing the ear splitting shriek of metal on metal, to find you standing there holding your bumper, and seeing half of their gate stuck in your tire saying "everything is OK" and have to call your dad and wake him up out of a dead sleep so you could ask him in your calmiest, nothing to get excited about voice, if he could just drop by work and bring you an extra wheel. Yeah, your day could have been like that.