Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sarah's 11th Birthday

My little baby Sarah turned 11 yesterday. I wanted to brag about how great she is for a while. It started at 6:50 that morning when we were about to leave for the bus. I had forgotten to buy a treat for her to share with her class. The only things I had 25 of was Slim Jims. So I put 25 in a bag and told her she could take them to school. Her little face was so sad but she is such a great kid that she just said, "Usually people bring in cupcakes. But that's OK I understand. To bad we didn't remember to buy something." I said sorry but I had such a supper busy day yesterday I couldn't think of another solution at that time. After I got the big kids off to school, got myself ready, took Ethan to preschool, I then drove straight to the middle school that Sarah will be going to next year to meet with the gifted teacher for a parent teacher conference. I got out of that a with just enough time to run down to the store and buy some really pretty red velvet cupcakes for Sarah's class. She had no idea that I was coming and when I walked in her face just lit up and it made it all worth it. Sarah is such an easy going understanding person. I love her attitude about life. After that I finished up my other errands, picked Ethan up from school put Cole down for a nap, woke him up early to go back to the school for a second parent teacher conference with Sarah's current 5 grade teacher. Then it was back home again, quick dinner. Daddy walked in the door 5 minutes before we had to leave for cub scout pack meeting so Sarah pleaded to open up her presents before we left (we had planned on doing when we got home) I let her open them quickly. And by open I mean take them out of the Target bag they were in because mommy didn't have time to wrap them. But in Sarah great attitude again she said, "That's OK mom because it is the present that counts, not the wrapping paper." Then we ran off to pack meeting, drove through Sonic, her favorite milkshake place and got home just in time for bedtime. Maybe today she will have time to play with her presents!

1 comment:

Heather Jewell said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah!
She is such a sweetheart. What a special kid.
And bonus points to the cool mommy who brought her cupcakes.